Monday, December 20, 2010

Cover Lovin' - His Client

I received the cover for His Client over the weekend! Huge thanks to April Martinez. She's done the covers for all of my Loose Id books thus far, and she does fabulous work.

All of the epublishers that I've worked with ask authors to fill out some form of a cover request form. Every time I get a cover, it never ceases to amaze me how the cover artists give me what I asked for. Probably sounds odd to say such a thing, but I don't at all have an image of an 'ideal' cover in my head when I complete those forms. I simply fill in the blanks - genre, tone of the book, descriptions of the heroes, setting of the book, other covers that I like, etc. - and then let the cover artist work their magic.

For this one, I gave 2 setting options - a bedchamber at the brothel or Jasper's cottage. 'Quaint, stone cottage. 2-story house in the country'. check. A guy in a corset to give a hint of the kink in the book (the guys like to play games). check. And there's Nate in his starched white cravat. ...a cravat that makes my fingers twitch to unravel it. One of the reasons why I love writing Regency set books. Gorgeous clothes, and it's so fun to get the guys out of those gorgeous clothes. ;)

28 comments:

  1. Yay for cover art, now you can stop stalking! *g* Oooh, and loving the cravat right up against the corset. Is the pendant in the story? Nice lips too. You know me and lips. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the inbox stalking's over...for now. You know how it is - there's always something to stalk for. LOL

    Nope, no pendant in the story. I figure the dude had it on him in the stock image, so it stayed. I was surprised the cover artist was able to find a useable image of a dude in a black leather corset that's a pretty good match to the one described in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Love :) The cravat definitely needs to get ruffled up a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice cover! (Nope, don't recognize either of them.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lips on corset boy, sigh. I am such a lipper. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mandi!!

    Chris - Cool! Dare I hope I got a pair of virgins? Um, probably too much to hope for. But if you don't recognize them, then that means they aren't complete cover sluts. LOL.

    Shawn - 'lipper' *he-he* Love that term. And he does have a pretty mouth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. of course i meant cravat boy, but in my defense I didn't have coffee yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, don't flaunt your luck there with poor Stephani. She's had some of the penultimate cover sluts on her books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I should have added a 'yet' there. Don't want to push my luck. Some of Steph's guys even mess around with her other heroes. They are completely shameless. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I see one of her EMS Heat guys has a new hockey career! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cover! I can't wait until it's released:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If don't watch it, Ava, I'll send one of my cover sluts over to corrupt your boys. Those hussies work for cheap, so it won't take much to convince them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Andi!!

    Steph - You've got some hot cover sluts. They could have a corrupting influence, but I bet they would be lots of fun for my boys to play with, though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And then you'll BOTH end up with covers that say simply "The cover models were too busy *ahem* to appear on this cover."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic cover! Love the corset. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Eyre! Nate loves Jasper in the corset, too *g*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woot! Another pretty cover for you!

    An early XMas present. ::grins:: ...for us. Thanks for the eye candy.

    Best,
    Allure

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, Allure! It was a great early xmas present :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh, I'm SO with you on wanting to unravel that cravat!! It's so hot--and stiff and proper. You just can't help but want to take it off :)

    He's got absolutely GORGEOUS lips, too, btw. *fans self*

    Anyhow, I'll agree, your CA over there does some fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Barbara! It's like impossible not to want to rumple a stiff and proper guy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the gorgeous cover! And looking forward to reading the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohmy, this is a fab cover!
    Merry Christmas, Ava. I hope you'll have a wonderful time with your loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry Christmas to you, too, Janna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really nice - Love look of the guys...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara