Monday, January 9, 2012

2011, Looking into 2012, and Bliss


At the beginning of a new year, I like to review what I did the prior year and then make some sort of schedule for the coming year (though the schedule always changes throughout the year as things pop up). In 2011, I wrote or finished:

That's about 155,000 worth of words written in 2011. My most productive year yet :)

The 2012 schedule is in process. I pulled together a list of all the book concepts I have outlined or summaries for, and am waiting to see what pops to the top of the list. I do know that I'd like to write a longer Ava book this year. I've noticed my novellas have been getting longer (Fortune Hunter came in at 43,000 words, my longest Ava book so far), and I have a few ideas that would need to be longer books. I'm been in the mood lately to write characters who like D/s or get into BDSM. Those relationships are always interesting to explore, and I haven't written one of those since Bound Forever. I also might spend some time writing an Evangeline book (m/f). I've got 14 books on the 'ideas' list, some related to published books (like a prequel for Martin and Rys from Beyond Reckless, Arthur's secretary (Fenton) from Convincing Leopold, the other 2 guys who work at Delacroix's brothel, etc), and some stand-alone ideas. I'll give it a few weeks and see what screams write-me.

Right now, I'm in reading bliss. Bought a half a dozen books and started reading Bad Boyfriend by KA Mitchell. Stayed up way, way too late last night and am dragging big time today, but the book is SO good. It's so nice to just read for the pure joy of reading. In 2012, I need to make sure I leave myself with time to read between writing books. I've totally missed that feeling of getting lost in a good book.

In other news, I received an early review for Thief from Publishers Weekly - "March neatly balances erotic moments with the budding friendship and romance between the proudly independent Cavin and the nervous but eager Benjamin in a charming and spicy novella that will leave readers impatient for more." I will admit to grinning like an idiot.

I hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Publishers Weekly?! *awe and wonder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reaction, too, though I had some squeeing in there. I didn't know they reviewed m/m, let along ebook novellas. To say that I was geeked would be an understatement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful news, indeed. I would be grinning and squeeing, too.

    Tracey D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tracey! :) Like a dork, I still grin when I think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg..isn't Bad Boyfriend so so good? LOVED!

    And big congrats to the PW review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely so so good!! Loved it, too.

    Thanks, Mandi!

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara