Thursday, April 19, 2012

Return to the Cave, Survey and Pics Around the House

 I made the big decision - decided I needed to end the mini-break. Well, it went beyond 'mini' a good month ago, but the break was good. Very good. After being under hard deadlines for so long, the muse needed to just watch TV and read for a while. Refill the creative well and all. Anyway, I've gone back into the writing cave. Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to work on yet - I'm fleshing out a couple of book ideas, doing outlines, the usual plotter stuff. So if you don't see me around the interwebz or on twitter as much, it because I'm in the cave. 

The Rainbow Romance Writers chapter of RWA (of which I'm a proud member) is sponsoring a Romance Reader Survey. We hope to use the  data to determine reader habits and interests, with the ultimate goal of hopefully using the data to help improve the shelving and marketing of GBLT romances in both physical bookstores and online bookstores. At the end of the survey, there's an opportunity to enter your email address for a $25 Amazon gift certificate. 
This survey is for all romance readers, not just those who read GBLT romances. If you're in a survey mood, please take the survey to help the chapter learn more about reader habits and interests. And if you want to post the button and survey link on your own blog, please feel free to grab it. The more readers we can reach with the survey, the better. 

I'll leave you today with a couple of recent photos from around the house. Kitteh likes sleeping on kidlet's American Girl doll Victorian fainting couch. I've noticed that AG doll and Build-a-Bear furniture are perfectly sized for Kitteh, and the build-a-bear clothes even fit her. 

I found Ryan on the kitchen counter recently. I have no idea what Ryan was getting up to that ended him on the counter like this, and I didn't ask kidlet (yeah, I chickened-out). I just hope he had fun, whatever it was. After I snapped the pic, I took him off the counter and put some clothes on him. 

8 comments:

  1. Well, at least Ryan looks dazed enough that whatever it was was probably mindblowing! ;)

    I love that picture of Kitteh on the fainting couch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look dazed! LOL

      Kitteh just hops on the couch and curls up, like it's her bed. I love how she looks so huge the little couch, like she's giant kitty. :)

      Delete
    2. She does look huge on that!

      Delete
  2. I love black cats ! what color are her eyes ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitteh has gold eyes. She's super-cute...though I could be biased :)

      Delete
  3. Did you check Ryan for a pulse? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Forgot to check for a pulse, but he seems to have recovered well. He's currently hanging out in the barbie townhouse with the Princes.

      Delete
    2. Oh good, because I was kind of worried. :)

      Delete

 
Barbara