Monday, June 13, 2011

1 Down & a New Trilogy to Go

I did it! I finished My True Love Gave to Me on Sunday, which just happened to be my self-imposed deadline. The book isn't due until July, but I wanted it done early because...

I have three novellas to finish by the end of 2011. *G* It's a new trilogy that will release from Carina Press in April, May, and June 2012. The novellas are due 9/1, 11/1 and 1/1/12, which means I'll be a busy girl, typing away, until the end of the year.

I'm quite excited about the new novellas. It's my first real trilogy, releasing in back-to-back-to-back months, with related characters. A few of the guys run in the same social circle and live on Brook Street in Mayfair (London). In fact, My True Love Gave to Me is loosely related to the series - both opportunities popped up in the same week, so I couldn't resist loosely connecting them.

Here's the super short, high concept blurb from the proposal -

The Brook Street Trilogy

Regency London – where polite manners and spotless reputations reign supreme. Yet behind the closed doors of three elegant town houses along Brook Street, passion and lust reign as gentlemen dare to risk scandal by falling in love…

In Thief, a lord intent on his first decadent night with a man finds love when he picks up a thief in a gambling hell. In Fortune Hunter, a man determined to gain a fortune by marrying an heiress instead falls in love with an obscenely wealthy young gentleman. And in Rogues, two of London’s most notorious rakehells discover if their friendship can withstand the test of turning into something so much more.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, congrats on finishing the current book, and congrats on the trilogy! Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing, Ava!!!

    LOVE THE HOTTIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Chris, Mandi and Barbara!!

    And Barbara - I've dubbed him 'sweater hottie'. I think it fits him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the writing events - the trilogy sounds great!

    Also, sweater hottie is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Wren!

    He's so hot he needs to take off his sweater ;) ...lame comment, but I couldn't resist. lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara