Friday, December 10, 2010

Glad it's the Weekend & Blog Happenings

I hope everyone's had a great week. I am very happy it's Friday evening and I'm looking forward to a long weekend (I'm taking Monday off from the EDJ - whoo-hoo!). Though it won't be all fun and chillin' and writing new stuff this weekend. I got the proofs for His Client on Thursday and I have to review them by Monday.

Shawn Lane is posting a free Christmas short story on her blog. Part One of Last Christmas was posted last Monday, Part Two yesterday, and Parts Three and Four will post this Monday and Thursday. So if you're in the mood for a Christmas story with a couple of hotties, stop on by to check it out.

Starting Monday, Mandi from Smexy Books is holding the 12 Days of Naughty Books, where for 12 days, 12 different authors will be giving away naughty books. I don't know exactly what's in Smexy Claus's bag of goodies, but I have a feeling he's got some naughty boys who like naughty boys in there ;)

In non-Ava writing news, I was super geeked when a certain Smexy friend told me my Evangeline m/f historical romance was included on Sarah from Smart Bitches' list of Best Romances for 2010. *g* There's a m/m book on the list as well, which I was very happy to see. I haven't read Strawberries for Dessert yet, but I remember seeing some good reviews for it from friends on GoodReads and I'm putting it on the to-read list now.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on making the Best Romances list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your long weekend, and congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Eyre & Wren!

    ...forgot to title the post. *smacks self on forehead* Ok. Added a title. Not very exciting, but it's better than nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congrats!! I bet that book makes it on a lot of "best of" lists. I know James is on my best beta hero list. I lurve him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, FV! James is feeling the lurve :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making the "Best" list. I agree with FV, I won't be surprised to hear of more of those for you...

    Enjoy your long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smexy Claus whispered in my ear that there is in fact some boys who like other boys in his sack ;)

    Congrats on making SB's list! I haven't read Strawberries for Dessert either. Must get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, congrats on making the list, Ava! I have to check out Mandi's upcoming event. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the congrats, Em, Mandi and Barbara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!!

    Have you read Marie's other books? Reading the books that precede Strawberries for Dessert will help you get more out of it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Chris!

    No, I haven't read anything by Marie yet. I'll have to check out her other books. Is Strawberries for Dessert a direct sequel or part of a series with related characters?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Part of a series with related characters. All the books are good, though, and no hardship to read!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Chris. It's never a hardship to read good books :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!! Hope you're having a great extra long weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Lily! It was a very nice, yet snowy, extra long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara